- Wednesday 2 July 2013. The Open Access Monographs in the Humanities and Social Sciences conference will take place the 1st and 2nd of July 2013 at the British Library in London. I will participate within the second strand, titled “How exactly do you get your monograph published in open access?” I will focus on issues around copyright and Creative Commons for HSS researchers.
- Friday 28th June 2013, 7pm-12am, Señor Priego DJ set @ Camino Canary Wharf, London– an international map of Hispanic, Latin and Brazilian grooves… [free].
- Thursday 13th- Sunday 16th June: Comics Grid/Graphixia/Douglas College 2013 Conference: Comics and the Multimodal World, Douglas College, New Westminster, Vancouver, Canada.
Tuesday 11th June 2013/Martes 11 de junio de 2013. 7:00 pm: El “Centro de Investigaciones Medianamente Serias” [página de Facebook aquí] presenta un “Café Científico” sobre acceso abierto en la investigación. Bar Novo’s, Madrid 13 entre Centenario y Aldama, Col. Del Carmen Coyoacán, México DF.No podré asistir debido a causas de fuerza mayor. Una disculpa.
- Tuesday 11th June 2013/Martes 11 de junio de 2013. 12:oo pm: Conferencia magistral: El académico digital: acceso abierto, licencias y derechos de autor, Auditorio “José María Vigil”, Biblioteca/Hemeretoca Nacional, Instituto de Investigaciones Bibliográficas, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, México D.F.
- Saturday 27th April 2013: Workshop: “Forms of Innovation: Humanities, Copyright, and New Technologies“, University of Durham. Participation in this workshop is free but places are limited. To apply please fill in the application form via: http://www.formsofinnovation.com/formsofinnovation/node/21. The application process will close on Sunday, 31st March.
- Saturday 27th April 2013: Remote participation on “digital communities”, panel S16, via pre-recorded video at the HASTAC 2013 conference: “The Storm of Progress: New Horizons, New Narratives, New Codes”, Toronto, Canada.
- Friday 12h April 2013: Señor Priego DJ Set at Camino King’s Cross, London; free, 7pm ’til midnight.
- Monday 25th March 2013: Panel Discussion: Open Access; European Consortium for Humanities Institutes and Centres, Beyond the Book? The future of academic publishing conference, University of Nottingham.
- Thursday 21st March 2013: “Overview of Digital Scholarship – Definitions, Context and Trends“, within the ‘Digital Scholarship, Resources And Research Workshop’, M25 Consortium of Academic Libraries, British Library, London.
- Monday 18th March 2013: I will discuss Open Access at Roger Sabin’s lecture within the ‘Making Knowledge’ series at Central Saint Martins School of Art and Design, University of the Arts, London.
- Wednesday 6th March 2013: Center for Advanced Studies Digital Humanities Seminar: “Exploring the Conversation: Alt-Metrics and Scholarly Uses of Social Media.” University of Nottingham.
- Thursday 28th February 2013: Colloquium: “Digital Dissemination of Scholarship”, University of Roehampton, London.
- Friday 15th February 2013, Señor Priego DJ set; ‘La universidad del disco” #HigherEd Tweetup, Elixir bar, Euston, London; free, 7:30 til late.
- Thursday 10th January 2013: Señor Priego DJ Set at Camino, King’s Cross, London, free, 7pm ’til midnight.